People of faith should be thoughtful about what we believe and celebrate. Our convictions and practices should be guided by truth, not by what’s familiar in our culture or comfortable in our traditions.
In this episode, Andrew is joined by Shelton Markham and they have an extended conversation about Christmas, including:
• Why do Christians celebrate Christmas?
• Is the Christmas holiday rooted in paganism?
• How should Christian parents handle Santa Claus?
• How to avoid the commercialization of Christmas
• and more…
• ITH Advent Series: https://www.instagram.com/intotheharvest/
• Article: Is Christmas a Pagan Rip-off?
• Article: The Date of Christmas
• Book: Santa, Are You For Real?
• Video: Horus Ruins Christmas
If you want a copy of the audio “Christmas and Paganism” mentioned in the episode, request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shelton Markham is pastor of Paseo Del Rey Church in Chula Vista. To learn more about his ministry, please visit https://paseodelrey.org/.
Original Release Date: 12/1/2022
Subscribe to Andrew’s free weekly newsletter, Disciple Notes.
Want to suggest a question for us to cover on the show? 👉 https://intotheharvest.org/contact
Help Us Multiply the Mission