Part 2 of our discussion on church in the harvest! Abigail and I share how we came to our present understanding and practice of church, and some of the challenges we’ve faced with church in the harvest. Then we describe what our churches look like and some basics of how we conduct our gatherings before finishing with a discussion of how church in the harvest looks with kids.
We’re hoping these discussions generate questions and feedback from you because we’re going to have our first Q&A show in the near future! If you have a question about something we’ve covered in these two episodes, or maybe something we didn’t cover that you were hoping we would, we want to hear from you.
You can message us on Facebook or Instagram or email your questions to email@example.com. Hit us up!
Link to free resource: Quick Study on Church in Acts
04:30 Church as family and flock
09:45 How “we” got here with church in the harvest
17:00 Church as a “7 days a week” thing
26:13 Challenges of church in the harvest
31:20 What do our gatherings look like?
35:50 How kids fit into church in the harvest
41:15 Further resources for our listeners
Book List for Further Reading
- The History of Christianity: From the Disciples to the Dawn of the Reformation by Luke Timothy Johnson
- Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices by Frank Viola and George Barna
- The Permanent Revolution by Alan Hirsch and Tim Catchim
- The Great Evangelical Recession by John Dickerson
- The Triumph of Truth: A Life of Martin Luther by Jean Henri Merle O’Aubigne
- The Rise of Christianity by Rodney Stark
For further reading, check our Top 10 Reading List.